WCSU’s Career Success Center welcomes all opportunity to partner with employers in connecting students and alumni with career-related prospects. The Career Success Center adheres to the National Association of College and Employer’s developed and adopted Principles for Professional Practice Guidelines.
For more detail about WCSU’s campuses, schools and enrollment profiles, please visit Western Facts & Figures Undergraduate programs
Senior Recruitment and Cooperative Education Internship Program
Employers seeking candidates for fulltime, professional, entry-level positions are invited to participate in the Senior Recruitment Program where we facilitate the collection of resumes and scheduling of on-campus interview dates (if applicable). Employers seeking WCSU students for co-ops and internships, please check here. We welcome employers to conduct interviews and present information sessions on the WCSU campus to heighten their visibility within our university community and meet students first-hand.
Posting an Opportunity – WESTCONN Works
Are you a business owner or a company/organization employee in need of an intern or employee? Post available internships and jobs for WCSU students and alumni on WESTCONN Works – powered by Purple Briefcase.
We are currently working on the 2017-2018 schedule. If you are interested in being a part of our annual career fair click here for the career fair interest form and we will review the information for consideration. Invitations to employers are extended in January/February.
Speaking to Students
There are opportunities to connect with students in various ways:
- Student Club/Organization & EVENTS – WCSU currently has 80+ recognized clubs and organizations on campus with many incorporating educational and career planning and exploration into their schedule of events throughout the year. Club President contact information is posted here: http://sga.wcsu.edu/clubs/.
- Academic Classes – Some faculty members will welcome employers in to their classes to speak on topics related to curriculum. Faculty contact information is posted here: https://www.wcsu.edu/directory/.
- Student and Campus Center Tabling – To arrange for an informational table in our Midtown Student Center or Westside Campus Center, please contact Marc Gegeny at email@example.com or 203-837-8211.
We value the support of employers throughout the university.
- Offer your career-related, industry-specific expertise and advice by volunteering for events such as Career Panels, Speed Networking, Mock Interviews, Employer In Residence and Job Shadowing organized by The Career Success Center. Contact the office at 203-837-8263 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We need everyone engaged in the Career Development process. Encourage students to visit The Career Success Center early on in their WCSU career to take advantage of the available resources.