Summer at WCSU

Frequently Asked Questions

I’ve never been to college. What if I’m not sure what degree program I want?
The answer may be to take some basic courses that look interesting to you before committing to a major. How do I know if the college I regularly attend will accept the credits I earn at WestConn during the summer?
A call to the registrar where you are matriculated should answer this; however, the great majority of colleges and universities will accept these credits.

Is financial aid available for summer sessions?
Financial aid may be available. For more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office

How will I know if the course(s) I am registered for is (are) going to run?

If your class has an enrollment of less than 10 students it will be in danger of being cancelled.  You will be notified of cancellation approximately a week before the class begins.  In the event your course is cancelled, you will be contacted by the department that was to run the course (provided you have given us your most current phone number).  In addition, the course will show on open/close with CANCELLED listed in the title.

If I am a high school student, do I need to do anything special to take a summer course?

You will need to complete and submit the Non-matriculated Registration form.  You also will need to get permission from the Director of Admissions to take the course.  Email your request to  Be sure to include the course name, number, CRN, and number of credits.