Housing & Residence Life

Housing Related Forms & Documents for Residential Students

Most of the forms and documents that WCSU residential students will need can be found here.

For other information or additional help, contact us or see your RA/RD.

Adobe Reader logo Many forms are PDF.  If you need to download Adobe Reader, you may do so for free here:

Housing Application 2019-20 Online Form

In order to live on campus, every potential resident must complete and submit a Housing Application by the appropriate due date (May 1st is the last date to submit an application for guaranteed fall housing).  Applications will be accepted after that date, and acted upon as space is available. Please remember that although we do our best honor your requests, living habits,  and preferences for buildings and roommates,  we may not be able to accommodate them, and they are never guaranteed.

If a space becomes available in a room, suite, or apartment at any time, the Housing & Residence Life office retains the right to assign and refill that space.

Housing Contract Cancellation Request Online Form

PDF Version

In order to be released from the year-long housing contract, students must complete the Housing Contact Cancellation Request form.  This must be completed prior to the start of the semester for which the student is requesting to be released from the contract.

**Requesting a release from your contract in order to move off-campus is not generally considered a reason to be granted a release without substantial information and evidence of financial hardship.**

Early Arrival Request Form

If you believe you need to return to campus earlier than your scheduled move-in time, you may request an early move-in.  This spring, there is just one early arrival date:  Sunday, January 20th from 6 – 9 pm.  Please fill out the form (link to the instructions and form in the title), and you will hear back via your WCSU email.


Guest Visit Parental Permission Online Form 

PDF Version

Guests under the age of 18 may be permitted to spend the night with a sibling or friend by providing a completed parental permission form, which must be submitted to the H & RL office no later than 24 hours before the overnight.

If you are providing permission for a child to visit for the weekend, please be sure that you have faxed the form to the Housing & Residence Life Office by noon on Friday.  Forms that come in after that time cannot be guaranteed to be delivered, and the guests will be refused at the Information Desks. 

Forms can be downloaded and faxed to 203-837-8529.

Special Housing Accommodations: Application (PDF)

Students who require housing accommodations must fill out the application and present appropriate documentation.

For complete instructions on special housing accommodations, please see this Guidelines and Instructions form .


Intersession Housing Application: Not Currently Available

Students who currently live on campus and who are returning for the spring may opt to stay for Intersession.  Grasso and Centennial Halls will be the only halls open, and students are responsible to finding their own space to stay if they do not currently live in those halls.  There is no meal plan in effect, and limited food service is available during the break (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 2 pm in the Daily Grind, usually).


Room Selection Group Pre-Registration Form: Not Currently Available

This form will appear again once room selection information is prepared for the Fall 2019 process.

All students who wish to live on campus for the fall 2019 semester must complete this form, due to Housing & Residence Life no later than (date to be determined).  Whether you are a part of a full group, a partial group, or signing up as an individual student, this form must be completed and turned in before you can participate in selection.  This is a fillable form. By placing your cursor in the space, you can type your answers, and then print the form.

Credit Exception Form: Not Currently Available

In order to live in Pinney, students must be 21 years of age or have earned 57 credits. For Grasso, the requirements are 20 years of age or 24 earned credits, and for Centennial, students must be 19 years of age or have earned 9 credits.  If you will be within 3 credits of those requirements, you may apply for a credit exception waiver, and must complete and attach this form with your Pre-Registration packet. This is a fillable form. By placing your cursor in the space, you can type your answers, and then print the form.

Proxy Form: Not Currently Available

Individuals or members of partial groups who are unable to attend their room selection appointment may give permission for another student to select a room for them for the fall by completing a Proxy Form, which the student making the selection must bring with them to the appointment. This is a fillable form. By placing your cursor in the space, you can type your answers, and then print the form.



Special Interest  Option  Description Application link
Gender Neutral Housing Application Gender neutral housing will be offered in Pinney, Grasso and Centennial Halls.  Students interested in the Gender Neutral Housing Option must be able to fill an entire apartment (4 people in Grasso and Centennial, 5 people in Pinney).  All students must be eligible to participate in room selection (deposit paid on time, registered for 12+ credits for the next semester), and will participate in the regular room selection process as a full group.  A supplemental agreement for Gender Neutral Housing is required. document

Honors Housing Application Honors housing is available in Pinney Hall to students admitted into the Honors Program at WCSU.  Students wishing to be assigned to the honors section should complete a regular housing contract/application, as well as the correct application to the right.


Missing Persons Confidential Contact Form

The department collects a “Missing Persons Confidential Contact Form at check in from all residents.  If you wish to change your confidential contact, you must complete this form and bring it to the Housing & Residence Life offices in Newbury Hall.  Your old form will be removed from our files and shredded, and the new contact information will be updated as indicated on your form.


The H&RL Guide covers a wide variety of topics that affect life on campus, ranging from residence hall staff and student leadership opportunities to roommate conflict resolution and visitation policies.

Student Code of Conduct

This book offers information about University regulations, students rights and judicial procedures. This is a must read for every student on campus.